RSS

Color Brigade: Burgundy, Black and Mauve

March 29, 2011 by kitty  · 15 Comments  · 1834 Views

So yes, I joined the Color Brigade. Sounds ironic for a Goth girl, doesn’t it? It is, but I like a good challenge! Goths do traditionally wear mostly (if not all) black. I’m no exception; solid black always has been and always will be my favorite look. And while it’s not uncommon for Goths to add an accent color for the sake of variety, anything more than black + one accent is almost unheard of (at least in my Gothy Outfit Repertoire).

The rules of the Color Brigade dictate that at least one outfit a week must have a minimum of THREE colors. I sure hope black counts, because working with two accent colors will be strenuous enough on my dark little brain… :) I think I’ll be able to handle it, on work days, at least for a while…

So here is my first entry!

There are a couple of people around my office who will most likely hope that this new color experimentation is the beginning of a transformation toward normalcy for me…  And I will giggle inside knowing that they are oh so wrong.  My husband recently described me as “Goth at the core.”  His meaning was that Goth is just the style that I am meant to be; it looks “right” on me and nothing else would fit (he’s truly perfect for me!).  With that kind of support and acceptance from my soulmate, my best friend, the only person whose opinion really matters, there’s no way I’m changing a thing.

And truthfully, while playing with color is fun, it also makes me appreciate black even more.  ;)

Color Brigade is brought to you by:

15 Responses

1. [Che, I'm not at work or anything like that. Haha, work? Work is for the over-achievers~!]I've always been of the thought that Gothic looks good with dark colors plural. So the midnight blues, reds, dark forest greens, all that good stuff, would never strike me as "rule-breaking" of Gothic wardrobe. That skirt is shapely, and such a bold regal color of burgandy. And you're already a bit ahead of the color brigade challenge, hm? What with how well your White Gothic turned out a few days ago.Looking forward to all your new outfit combos~

2. Tiffany says:

Although your style is quite different from my own, I am impressed and intrigued! Your husband was right- you do seem like the goth style fits you perfectly, from your skin tone to your hair. This outfit is gorgeous! I love the fit and flare of the skirt, and the little lace top and rose pin add a bit of lightness that perfectly juxtaposes the darker colors. Lovely.

3. Sal Kaye says:

The outfit is stunning! Looking forward to whhich colors you're going to present next.

4. kileen says:

yes, black can most certainly count as a color. i love the addition of pink and mauve to the outfit and the soft colors are a great mix to the black. thanks for joining the color brigade!cute & little

5. Although I know virtually nothing constructive about fashion I will say two things: (a) that your blog is extremely well written and I actually enjoy the updates, and (b) that I whole-heartedly echo your husband's sentiment.

6. Sir Isaak, no of course you aren't blogging at work! Neither am I… ;) Tiffany, thanks for stopping by my blog! I truly appreciate the input of readers from all walks of fashion life, and hope I can make my blog appealing to Goths and non-Goths! :) Emilina, I agree – Color Brigade is going to be a fun challenge!!Sal, thanks! I'm curious what I'll come up with next week, too. I have no idea (yet). lol.Kileen, thanks so much for checking out my first Color Brigade post. I enjoy these kinds of blogger community events.Morgatician, you just made my day. :)

7. MissGracie says:

Hahaha, yea, working with more than two colors would just about kill me. Although I do have one outfit that is almost all color, with minimal black. I will have to wear it once spring actually gets here.http://gothincollege.blogspot.com/

8. Emilina Sassperina says:

I love your style. I think this is a great challenge idea!

9. adimpleate says:

Who doesnt love black. My favorite color as well. It is slimming and elegant. I own like 15 black dresses, and I am finding ways to style them. Glad that you stop by at my blog, which prompted me perusing your style and inspired me. Thanks.J.http://adimpleate.wordpress.com

10. liz says:

[found your site through ifb.] if you ask my sister, black is the only color. love the necklace and lace accents in the skirt!

11. BettyZade says:

Love the touch of the pink flower. And your hubby IS perfect for you! I'm still tickled at the thought of you two together!

12. MissGracie, the outfit sounds intriguing! I'm looking forward to seeing it.Adimpleate, thanks for visiting my blog. :) Yes, the hard part about all black is finding different ways to style so things don't get too repetitive.Liz, IFB is such a great networking tool, isn't it. Thank you for checking me out!BettyZade, you made me giggle. ;)

13. I think this is a very classy and sophisticated look. Even by Goth nature. I see several at the Univ I work at. dropping by from the color brigrade. fraid my experimentation with bright colors this week on my blog might blind you! ;-) very well written and oh so lovely hair btw. Nice about the hubby too, sounds like a keeper.

14. Sada says:

When I saw Color Brigade I wondered how you would embrace this……????? Well….GREAT job!! I love it and it still feels like it's TRUE to you (cuz we go back so far and I know you so well…but you know what I'm sayin', right?) P Love what you did with this. Really. Hope you will share more in the coming weeks. xo

15. Sherri, thanks for stopping by to check out my Color Brigade post. :) Sada, your comment made me laugh! :-D I'm glad to hear that my outfit "works" with my look; truthfully I was a little bit lukewarm about the skirt but all of the feedback has made me much more enthusiastic!